Storybook Favorites

I looked through many previous examples of storybooks from the Indian Epics section and enjoyed many of the stories.  There were a lot of familiar characters adapted to new stories, as well as unfamiliar characters in recognizable stories.  It looked like students had a lot of fun writing these stories.  Here are a few of my favorites:

Rama on the Golf Course

As a (hobbyist) golfer myself, I enjoyed the subject matter and quirkiness of this storybook.  I am not familiar with Rama or Ravana as characters or names and would not be surprised to see them make an appearance in the literature this upcoming semester.  The introduction added a nice personal touch to the work.

A battle between Rama and Ravana - Wikipedia Commons

Looney Tunes Go to India

This one was exceptionally fun because of the familiar characters saying all their famous lines in the context of the Indian epic revellings.  Reading the stories aloud really brought them to life with all of the famous catch-phrases. The introduction, while terse in words, had a lot of fun pictures of all the different characters that were featured and helped to ready your mind to imagine all the Looney Tunes in new stories. This author definitely seemed like they were having fun while they were creating this one!

Musical Demon Slayers

As a musician, I had a lot of fun reading this storybook and thought the author put in a great effort.  The media included many videos from Youtube as well, which were interesting to watch and the first one I had seen include a video.  The dialogue had a nice touch of humor as well and I am impressed by the cohesiveness of this one. In between the addition of the enriched media and the well-executed storytelling, this one might be my favorite overall.

Comments