Topic Brainstorm

Yoga - I am interested in this for a topic because my wife just recently got certified as a teacher in Yin Yoga.  I have personally practiced casually throughout the year and would be interested in learning more about the subject and incorporating it into my storytelling.

Shoelace pose from Yin Yoga - I recently learned this one - Photo Credit: Wikipedia Commons


Music - I have always loved music and have played music since I was a kid, and have always been appreciative of different styles of music.  I liked the previous project I saw on Indian music and it might be fun to take a deeper dive myself.

Food - I love cooking and cook new dishes at home all the time. I think it could be cool to incorporate trying to recreate dishes from some of the stories at home, Binging with Babish style. It could also be fun to make up my own stories that incorporate food as a theme.

Creation Stories - In my previous mythology class I enjoyed reading the various culture's creation stories and noticing the similarities and differences. Noticing things like matriarchal or patriarchal Gods and how the Gods and humans interact can tell you a lot about the culture that the stories came from.  I think it could also be fun to brainstorm creation stories myself that have new flavors.

Comments