Storybook Plan

For my storybook, I want to focus on the subject of Yoga.  My main source will be Devdutt Pattanaik's book, Yoga Mythology - 64 Asanas and their stories.  I recently picked it up on Amazon and it is an awesome read and a great resource for learning the characters, Sanskrit, and how they relate to yoga poses.

Currently, I want to do a story from each of the gods and goddesses in Pattanaik's book, and that we have also seen in my reading in the class so far.  This include Devi, Brahma, Shiva, and Vishnu.

I plan to do mine in more of an anthology of related stories but will not have an overarching plot.  This allows me more improvisation as I go, which I prefer, as well as a variety of different characters and settings. I may have so reoccurring characters if it feels right at the time.

The goals for my project will be to learn more about the original cultural aspects of yoga, learn new asanas and their Sanskrit names, as well as inspiring others to learn more about yoga or go try it for themselves.

Comments