Week 8 Reading and Writing

After reviewing my blog's layout, I decided it needed to be changed.  The theme I originally chose for my blog often made the formatting of the text in my stories look weird, so I changed the theme to a dark theme with readable text.  After reviewing some of my posts, it feels a lot cleaner and easier on the eyes for me.

I'm mostly happy with my writing thus far, outside of some silly grammatical mistakes I have let slip through my proofreading.  The feedback I have gotten on my first project story was really great and helped me realize I needed to work on my dialogue grammar rules.  As a senior engineering student, it has been a few years since I have done any writing outside of technical papers, so being able to access my creative side with the narratives has been refreshingly fun, and I feel like the flow of my narratives has been my biggest success thus far.

I enjoyed reading the Ramayana exceptionally more than the Mahabharata.  The Ramayana was more followable for me as a reader, and with fewer characters it was easier to get to know and relate to them.  On the other hand, my reading of the Mahabharata felt like a slog.  Maybe I should have gone with the more novelistic version of this one because the PDE felt like reading a boring chapter out of the Bible at times, making it hard to focus. I will say, when the reading got tough, your recorded audio version was a lifesaver.  Laura, you did an awesome job, you should start a patreon! (lol)

My reading notes have been going _okay_, but they are all pretty similar in style.  They have helped me choose which stories I wanted to portray, but mostly on a shallow level.  I've had to go back and re-read the stories I was retelling to make sure I got most of the plot incorporated into my own.  This will be something I focus on for the future.

I'm looking forward to getting my portfolio filled up with the detailed feedback and revisions we have been doing.  I think by the end of it all I'll have some keepers!


I am using my own photo here from one of our first posts, my favorite place.  I chose this if only because I am so ready for summer to be here with my degree in hand and to finally GTFO of Oklahoma. Peace out!

Comments